a lifetime of riding, wrenching and racing at your service
Copyright © Boulder Bicycle Works. All rights reserved.
Bike Repair and Service
We are bike repair and service specialists
We have years of experience working on all types of bicycles from vintage velos to the latest, top-of-the-line race rigs. Let us put this to work for you! Below are our standard service and tune up packages, but we also work on specific items as needed.
Free and Honest Bike Work Estimates
Your bike may not need a full tune up. Bring in your trusted steed and we'll look it over. You may only need a couple of minor adjustments to get back to pedaling bliss. If you need, we can give you a free itemized estimate to give a more full picture of what is necessary and what it will cost. We're not into over charging people, so we can focus on only what you need today and save the luxury upgrades for later.
Common Services Packages:
Standard Tune Up
- Adjust wheel hubs
- True, round and dish wheels
- Check and adjustments to spoke tension and cassette lockring
- Adjust brakes
- Adjust derailleurs and shifting
- Adjust bottom bracket when possible
- Adjust headset
- Check all bolts and critical fasteners (e.g. pedals, crankbolts, stem bolts, shifter bolts, saddle and seatpost bolts)
- Frame and wheels cleaned
- Summary: Everything that can be adjusted on your bike, will be. Then, the bike is test ridden to make sure everything performs as well outside as it does on the bike stand.
Pro Tune Up
- Everything in the Standard Tune, plus:
- Full drivetrain clean either by hand or in the ultrasound tank
- We'll take the cassette, chain and chainrings off the bike and clean it in a biodegradable and non-toxic cleaning solution and make sure the front and rear derailleurs (including pullies) are cleaned.
- After the parts are clean and dry, we re-install them, adjust, lube and test ride.
Race Tune/Safety Check
- Check and adjust brakes
- Check and adjust derailleurs and shifting
- Check all critical bolts and torque to spec (headset, stem, crank, pedals)
- Inflate tires to rider's preferred pressure range